Lixar is looking for Junior Developers to become part of our Halifax team. Lixar offers a dynamic, interesting and innovative experience. If you are looking for an opportunity to learn from the best and make your mark, then this is the opportunity for you.
What you will be doing:
- A little bit of everything – this group will be cross-functional and work with all the divisions at Lixar.
- This means you might be working on a mobile application for a music festival, an integration project for a telecommunications company, a website for a local builder or creating test scripts for automated testing – perhaps all at the same time! The sky’s the limit.
Be part of something bigger than yourself – Lixar believes in Code, Community and Culture:
- Code – create quality code that you can be proud of.
- Community – Lixar supports local and global communities through education, healthy lifestyles and innovation.
- Culture – We actually like each other and work together to create the best client experience.
What you must have:
- Exceptional communication skills:
- Great time management skills
- Experience in developing with many/any of the following: Java/Spring, Android, .NET, Objective-C, or Blackberry OS
- Exposure to Code Versioning and Code Management
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or related field, is preferred but not mandatory
What you must value:
- A sense of humour
- Like knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Have “attention to detail” as your middle name
- Be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Not blaming others for your mistakes
- Getting things done!