Lixar is looking to bring in a Business Analyst to work on medium and enterprise-class projects. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the solution scope for a portfolio of projects. We are looking for candidates for both our Ottawa and Halifax offices.
What you will be doing:
- Conveying the vision of what the client wishes to build to the rest of the development team.
- Defining and managing scope and requirements across the lifecycle of IT projects.
- Gathering and documenting requirements with the client and presenting for approval.
- Assisting project leaders in the development of project plans and ensuring that all team members understand their assigned requirements.
- Balancing the client and team needs on an ongoing basis.
- Ensuring ongoing alignment of client requirements, project deliverables, and project scope.
- Setting up, facilitating and documenting team and client meetings.
- Writing proposals and estimates.
- Influencing and leading teams to success.
What you must have:
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in a business analyst role.
- Experience working in a software development environment.
- Engineering / Technical background.
- Experience producing requirements documentation, use cases and other related artifacts for Mobile and Web-based applications.
- A solid grasp of project management basics in an SDLC (software delivery life cycle) context.
- Experience handling multiple concurrent projects.
- Communication – demonstrated high level of effectiveness both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to meet commitments, meet timelines and deliver.
- Accepts accountability for actions and understands the business impact of decisions made.
- Ability to work independently, manage change and work well under pressure.
- Proven ability to apply initiative and creativity when approaching challenges.
- High personal standards and commitment to quality.
What you must value:
- A sense of humour
- Knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Creation and promotion of an environment where people are on-side and feel a collective sense of success.
- Be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Not blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!