Lixar is looking for a bright individual with a unique mix of creativity, software development, and data visualization experience. On our Data & Analytics team, you’ll work with subject matter Specialists in Data Science and Engineering to deliver data-driven features for a wide variety of different customers, platforms, and business domains.
The Data Analytics & Visualization Specialist is responsible for:
- Working with external customers to understand their data and analytics needs
- Collaborating with Specialists in machine learning and predictive analysis to gather data, explore and analyze the data, and develop solutions for the customer
- Designing interactive data visualizations and software features that allow customers to interpret and explore their data in an intuitive manner
- Providing guidance and expertise in information design best practices
As an experienced Data Analytics & Visualization Specialist, you have:
- A naturally curious and creative personality and bring a fresh perspective and routinely contribute new ideas to discussions
- A proven track record of helping companies define, develop, and deliver new data-driven features
- A passion for hands-on work, but when necessary you have the confidence and experience to coordinate the work of others
- The ability to absorb knowledge and get your bearings quickly in new domains
- A positive approach to open-ended challenges such as “look at this data and tell me something I didn’t previously know about my business”
- Experience with application/web/database development; you can roll up your sleeves and write database queries with the best of them
- An eye for intuitive and visually-pleasing design
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau & SAS
- Familiarity with visualization libraries and frameworks such as d3.js
- A shudder when you see 3D pie charts or overhear the words “Excel” and “data visualization” used in the same sentence
- Comfort with shifting gears and changing contexts quickly as priorities change
Preferably, you also have:
- An undergraduate degree in a related field (Computer Science, Engineering)
- 3+ years of experience and steadily increasing responsibility in an analytics and/or visualization function
- Business acumen – understand business drivers and have a framework-driven process of analyzing business problems and developing solutions
- Strong communication skills – an ability to build a narrative around data and reveal its value to customers
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers, and clients
- Have “Attention to detail” as your middle name
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!