Lixar I.T. is looking for a Data Scientist to join our data team. As a Data Scientist, you will be part of a team supporting and participating in the ongoing development of leading edge applications. The ideal candidate will be a senior developer with exposure to programming languages like Java, Scala, Python and R and who has a strong background in cloud development (Azure/AWS) and data pipelines.
As a Data Scientist, you will have:
- Minimum 3 – 5 years relevant analytics and data mining & modeling work experience
- Proven ability to develop and execute sophisticated data mining & modeling solutions
- In depth knowledge of the advanced techniques and tools common to the data mining & machine learning world such as: Clustering, Classification, Regression Analysis | Python, MatLab, R | BI Visualization tools such as Tableau, MS BI, QlikView | Hadoop: Pig, Hive, MapReduce, Spark etc.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical ability
- Working experience with relational database management system (RDBMS); with a strong knowledge of SQL
- Passionate, energetic, enthusiastic, creative
- Impeccable honesty, integrity, and ethics
- Formally trained or having experience in statistics, computer science, or machine-learning related fields
What you will be doing:
- Playing a key role in the creation of sophisticated algorithms, data mining & machine learning strategies
- Significantly contributing to the development of Lixar’s Data offering
- Finding creative ways and/or new perspectives on available data to provide value to our customers
- Working with our Research & Development team to: Apply theories and conduct experiments using available toolsets | Provide input on data mining & machine learning techniques | Conduct studies, tests and use advanced data mining & modeling techniques to build solutions that optimize the quality and performance of the company’s data
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers and clients
- Have “attention to detail” as your middle name
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
- Have a strong desire for learning something new everyday
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!