Lixar is looking for Intermediate Java Developers to join our team. As a key contributor, you will be part of a team to develop leading edge applications. The ideal candidate will be a committed developer who has a strong sense of self and strives for perfection.
As an Intermediate Java Developer, you will have:
- 3-5 years previous Java development experience
- Post-secondary education in engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience using RESTful Web Services, XML, EJBs, JDBC, RDBMS, SQL
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Docker
- Understanding of development frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to manage time and priorities effectively
- Apply initiative and creativity when approaching challenges
- Understanding of overall software development lifecycle
The following would be considered an asset:
- Experience working in a small company where team work is paramount
- Practical experience with OO design patterns and techniques
- Experience working with remote development teams and/or clients
- Experience with test automation frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, TestNG, JMeter)
- Application server experience (e.g. JBoss, Tomcat)
- Development tools: Maven, Jira, SVN, Git, logbak
With these attributes:
- A sense of humour
- Like knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine
- High attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Not blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!