Lixar is looking for a Junior Technical Writer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a committed writer who has a strong sense of self and strives for perfection.
As a Junior Technical Writer, you’ll have:
- 1-5 years of experience designing and developing technical documentation for web-based and/or mobile applications.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Google Docs.
- Recent experience producing both online and print documentation using content authoring tools.
- Experience creating both internal and client documentation using a wiki.
- Experience creating, editing, and reviewing Statements of Work and ensuring that all requirements are covered by the assessments.
- Familiarity on how to use defect management tools.
- A solid understanding of technical writing principles.
- An understanding of application development processes, terminology, and protocols.
- Effective time management skills in order to meet multiple, competing deadlines on time in an agile software development environment.
- Experience verifying information through testing applications on the web and on iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Proven experience in making creative and innovative improvements to documentation development processes and management.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting business unit leaders in the creation and editing of Statements of Work.
- Working with local and offsite development teams to document APIs.
- Developing company-wide technical documentation templates and helping to ensure that the templates are used appropriately and consistently.
- Helping to develop a company-wide style guide for all UI-related text (e.g., error messages, button names).
- Maintaining client configuration and UI-related text databases.
- Taking developer-written design deliverables and transforming them into clear, polished, design documents for the clients.
- Writing and publishing accurate, up-to-date release notes and project overview documentation.
- Reviewing/editing documentation produced by other writers and management.
- Designing, writing, and editing user guides, install guides, online help, and training material.
Preferably, you’ll have a few of the following assets:
- Experience creating short training videos.
- Experience documenting APIs using Swagger.
- Experience creating multiple documentation targets in MadCap Flare.
- Experience using Atlassian products (i.e., Confluence, JIRA, Stash).
- Experience using POEditor, a software localization management platform
- Experience in the automotive, airline, or telecommunications industry.
- A post-secondary degree, certificate, or diploma in Technical Writing.
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers, and clients
- Have commitment to quality
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
- Have a strong desire for learning something new everyday
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!
Thank you for applying! We look forward to meeting with the selected interview candidates.
Lixar IT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.