Lixar is looking for a Technical Division Manager to become part of our team.
The role of Division Manager is dynamic and multi-faceted, leveraging strong technical skills along with a passion for customer service and people leadership.
You are a passionate development leader who is excited by the opportunity to join and lead a team developing exciting new emerging technology products. You understand the value of light but effective processes and are ready and experienced at helping to introduce these into an enthusiastic organization. You understand how to implement and utilize automation for quality and speed of delivery and are ready and able to help introduce these into the process. You have developed strong relationships with Product Management and have managed Technical Team Leads before.
You are ready and will enjoy the opportunity to lead a growing Lixar Product Development team in delivering innovative large-scale, SaaS application products.
The Division Manager will be responsible for:
Leadership in Technology:
- Oversee to ensure that architecture and development decisions are made that meet functionality, quality and maintainability requirements
- Provide technical guidance when needed to help find solutions to issues that affect product requirements
- Contribute to teams on lead design, architecture and project execution discussions
- Design, improve and implement interoperability between products
Leadership in Developing the Team:
- Strong frequent communication into the team to ensure that the team fully understands its directions and goals.
- Providing mentoring and support for developing Team Leads and setting the example for excellence in people development
- Oversee multiple development teams and oversee the hiring of strong, curious, engaged and passionate team members.
- Knowing the team and the people who make up the team and providing a stimulating and motivating work environment
Leadership in Delivery:
- Work closely with Product Management to deliver on the product roadmap
- Interface with external and internal clients to understand requirements and evaluate solutions when developing new products or features to existing products
- Ensure excellent attention to details.
- Able and willing to take ownership, adapt to changes, and be flexible in a fast moving, constantly changing environment
- Ensure teams balance new development and maintenance while meeting deadlines
- Clear and consistent verbal and/or written status reporting to key stakeholders
Leadership via Process Evolution:
- Build reliable development processes and estimates for development time
- Automate as many processes as possible
- Ensure software quality is continuously improving
- Ensure developer guidelines are created, updated, maintained and utilized
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least five years of experience managing Product software development teams and at least two years as a second level manager managing teams working in an Agile environment.
- Strong, proven leadership and management skills
- A strong knowledge of Technology:
- A deep understanding of multiple programming approaches with a broad knowledge of large-scale, SaaS application development
- Solid understanding of mobile software development environments (Android, iOS)
- Software development background in one of the following environments (Java, .NET)
- Process change management Experience across a geographically distributed organization
- Excellent Communication skills, able to communicate clearly on both technical and non-technical matters to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Courage and confidence to challenge thinking and behaviors
You will also:
- Have a sense of humour
- Enjoy keeping abreast of industry and technical advancements
- Always be learning – you aren’t afraid to say “I don’t know – let me find out for you”
- Enjoy working and communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!
Thank you for applying! We look forward to meeting with the selected interview candidates.
Lixar IT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.