Lixar is looking to hire a Technical Product Owner to join our product development group. As a Product Owner, you will help Product Management and clients define the product vision, and collaborate with our developers to make it a reality. For this you will need top-notch communication skills, and an easy familiarity with technical matters. We are looking for candidates for both our Ottawa and Halifax offices.
What you will be doing:
- Understand key business objectives, strategy and roadmap of our product vision
- Develop detailed requirements, stories and acceptance criteria for the development teams
- Play an active role in sprint planning to ensure the requirements are tracked and delivered on time and within scope
- Help Define a Minimum Viable Product
- Manage the product backlog, grooming and prioritizing
- Work closely with all key areas of the business from a technical and non-technical standpoint
- Set up and facilitate team and client meetings
What you must have:
- 5+ years of previous experience as a Product Owner or Business/Technical Analyst or similar in the private sector
- Experience working in a software development environment
- Understanding of Agile principles and working knowledge of Scrum
- Engineering/Technical background
- Demonstrated high level of effectiveness in both written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to meet commitments, meet timelines and deliver
- Accepts accountability for actions and understands the business impact of decisions made
- Ability to work independently, manage change and work well under pressure
- Proven ability to apply initiative and creativity when approaching challenges
- An ability to prioritize technology decisions based on business value and impact
- High personal standards and commitment to quality
- Post-Secondary education
What you must value:
- A sense of humour and ability to have fun with colleagues
- Organization and attention to detail
- Creation and promotion of an environment where people are on-side and feel a collective sense of success
- Be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Not blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!
Thank you for applying! We look forward to meeting with the selected interview candidates.
Lixar IT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.