Lixar is looking to bring in a Technical Product Owner to work on medium and enterprise-class projects. As a Product Owner, you will help our clients define their vision, and collaborate with our developers to make it a reality. For this you will need top-notch communication skills, and an easy familiarity with technical matters. We are looking for candidates for both our Ottawa and Halifax offices.
What you will be doing:
- Understand key business objectives and strategy of the product based on the client’s vision
- Develop detailed requirements, stories and acceptance criteria for the development teams
- Play an active role in sprint planning to ensure the requirements are tracked and delivered on time and within scope
- Define a Minimum Viable Product
- Manage the product backlog, grooming and prioritizing based on client’s requirements to optimize business value
- Work closely with all key areas of the business from a technical and non-technical standpoint
- Balance the client and development team needs on an ongoing basis
- Set up, facilitate and document team and client meetings
What you must have:
- 5+ years of previous experience as a Product Owner or Business/Technical Analyst or similar in the private sector
- Experience working in a software development environment
- Understanding of Agile principles and working knowledge of Scrum
- Engineering / Technical background
- Demonstrated high level of effectiveness in both written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to meet commitments, meet timelines and deliver
- Accepts accountability for actions and understands the business impact of decisions made
- Ability to work independently, manage change and work well under pressure
- Proven ability to apply initiative and creativity when approaching challenges
- High personal standards and commitment to quality
- Post-Secondary education
What you must value:
- A sense of humour
- Knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Have ‘attention to detail’ as your middle name
- Creation and promotion of an environment where people are on-side and feel a collective sense of success
- Be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Not blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!