Lixar is looking for a Technical Writer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a committed writer who has a strong sense of self and strives for perfection.
As a Technical Writer, you will have:
- 7+ years of experience designing, developing and creating help text, user manuals, technical documentation
- Initiative and be capable of both independent and team work
- Demonstrable experience driving creative and innovative improvements to documentation development processes and management
- The ability to analyze design documentation (feature descriptions and functional specifications) to determine what information needs to be included in the customer documentation
- Excellent understanding of modern technologies including communication protocols, user interface designs and workflows, web-based applications and system installations
- A solid understanding and appreciation of how technical development is related to deadline driven deliverables, the needs of the business, and the financial health and viability of the enterprise
- Experience creating documentation using input from design information and task analysis
- Demonstrable experience in creating drafts of documents to be reviewed and approved by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Experience in researching and testing information using the products in a lab or through remote access, where possible
- Strong experience with implementing changes that result from SME reviews and System Verification testing
- Extensive experience with creating final versions of documents to be published
- The ability to implement documentation fixes resulting from customer feedback
What you will be doing:
- Developing technical documentation, including user manuals and standard operating procedures
- Determining documentation requirements and making plans for meeting them
- Gathering information concerning the features and functions provided by the SMEs
- Assessing the audience preparing a statement of purpose and scope for each document
- Investigating the accuracy of the information collected by making direct use of the material being documented
- Preparing or coordinating the preparation of any required illustrations and diagrams
- Using word processing, desktop publishing and graphics software packages to design the layout of documents or manuals and to produce final versions
The following would be considered an asset:
- Broad technical knowledge of software design, concepts and terminology as well as the documentation of protocols
- Experience documenting product/solution integrations or configurations
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and information management skills
- Post-secondary education with a Bachelor to Masters in Technical or Professional Communication, Computing Sciences, or Engineering or a Community College certificate in advanced computer studies or Technical Writing accompanied by appropriate experience may be considered for the position.
With these attributes:
- A sense of humour
- Like knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Have “attention to detail” as your middle name
- Be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Not blame others for your mistakes
- Exceptional client communication skills
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!