Lixar is looking for a UX Designer to join our Design team in Ottawa.
As a UX Designer, you will have:
- 3-5 years of experience as a user experience designer or interaction designer
- Experience designing products and services for mobile, tablet and web
- A solid understanding of the fundamental design principles and techniques, including those of user-centered design, information architecture and usability
- Experience designing for different target users, markets and cultures
- The ability to establish a design language and ensure that it is applied consistently across a product
- Experience developing, applying and/or maintaining consistent interface guidelines
- The ability to communicate design with a variety of methods (sketches, wireframes and interactive prototypes) along with the instinct to know which method to use when
- Collaborative work methods and experience working in multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills, which you leverage to present, explain, discuss and/or defend your designs both internally and externally with clients
- The commitment to follow through on projects from concept to production – bringing your designs to life as quality products and services
- The organization skills to independently manage and prioritize your projects/tasks
- Expertise with Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, and/or Axure; proficiency with other tools of the trade, such as Adobe Photoshop, Balsamiq, Principle, InVision, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Graphics Design or similar
The following would be considered an asset:
- Demonstrated history designing for a range of screens/devices/technologies
- Experience with mobile first and responsive web design
- Experience collecting and analyzing user data (via user research and analytics) and experience using these data points as design inputs
- Strong communication skills that can aid collaborations with remote colleagues or remote clients
- Experience working with agile methods, as an agile team member, using team collaboration tools
With these attributes:
- A sense of humour
- Like knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Be versatile, flexible and creative
- Comfortable with communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Not blame others for your mistakes
- Be committed to detail and quality
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!
Thank you for applying! We look forward to meeting with the selected interview candidates.
Lixar IT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.