Blog

Microsoft MVP

Microsoft MPV

A couple of years ago, I decided to become a Microsoft MVP so that I could help other people learn about technology — especially in the cloud technology area.

What is an MVP?

In short, MVPs are Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs). For more than twenty years, Microsoft has given that award to technology experts who passionately share their knowledge with the community. There are close to 4,000 MVPs around the globe specializing in approximately seventeen different categories. MVPs share their passion by writing blog posts, articles, and books, answering questions in forums, and giving presentations in community groups and events.

Read more

Innovate and Inspire | Learning brings us together

Learning has a way of bringing people together.

We all have a relationship that formed over epic study sessions, a class that we loved (or didn’t), or a moment we shared when we discovered what was possible with a new piece of technology. Those moments crystalize relationships and ideas and bring people together and Lixar’s Data Workshop in Halifax was no different.

Read more
Tech used for good

Top 5 Friday Feel Good Stories

Every Friday I search through the web looking for impressive, cool, Friday feel good stories which show how technology is being used for good.

Here’s today’s top 5:

German Auto Industry will be done with Fossil-Fuel vehicles by 2030
Germany has announced that all new cars by 2030 have to be emission-free. Other countries such as India, Netherlands, and Norway have created similar proposals, but this is a bold statement from Germany. Germany’s largest industry is auto thanks to auto giants such as Porsche, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, and BMW.

Read more