Lixar I.T. is looking for an Architect (Data Science) to join our Technology practice. As an Architect, you will be part of a team supporting and participating in the ongoing development of leading edge applications. The ideal candidate will be a senior technical lead with a background in data-driven software development, machine learning and a solid knowledge of systems architecture; both on-premise and in the cloud.
As an Architect – Data Science, you have:
- 5+ years of working with relational databases and SQL
- 5+ years of programming experience in Python, Scala or Java
- Experience in architecting and executing production-grade machine learning solutions
- Excellent research and documentation skills
- A good understanding of cloud based services on AWS, Azure or GCP
- A good understanding of the Apache Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, HDFS, Hive, etc)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical solutions to various levels of the organization
Preferably, you also have:
- 2+ years of current professional experience in creating/architecting solutions for the cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- 2+ years of current professional experience working with technologies such as Elasticsearch, Kafka, Hadoop or their cloud-based equivalents
- 2+ years of exposure to data engineering and the integration of machine learning into enterprise applications; such as Data Pipelines or Business Systems
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields (Physics, Engineering, etc)
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers, and clients
- Have high attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Have a sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!