Lixar I.T. is looking for a Data Engineer to join our data team. As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a team supporting and participating in the ongoing development of leading edge applications. The ideal candidate will be a senior developer who has a strong background in Big Data with a mix of general programming and some exposure to data visualization.
As an experienced Data Engineer, you have:
- Post-secondary education in engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience
- A proven track record using the Apache Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Data Lake, Hive, HDFS, Impala) to tackle “big data” problems
- A master of all things SQL (and NoSQL)
- 5+ years of programming experience in Python
- Proven experience using RESTful Web Services & JSON
- Good experience using Cloud based data solutions (AWS/Azure)
- Experience working with production systems
- Knowledge of ELT, ELT, Lambda and Kappa data architectures
Preferably, you also have:
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Source Control systems (e.g. Gradle, Maven, Bamboo, TeamCity, Git)
- Experience with DataBricks
- Some Data Visualization experience in Power BI, Tableau, or similar
- Exposure to data science, machine learning or statistics
- Some experience using Docker
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers, and clients
- Have “Attention to detail” as your middle name
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!