Lixar I.T. is looking for a Data Engineer to join our data team. As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a team supporting and participating in the ongoing development of leading edge applications. The ideal candidate will be a senior developer who has a strong background in Big Data, or Business Intelligence, with a mix of general programming and some exposure to data visualization.
As an experienced Data Engineer, you have:
- Post-secondary education in engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience
- Exposure to the Apache Hadoop ecosystem (Hadoop, Oozie, Pig, Hive, Spark etc)
- A master of all things SQL (and NoSQL)
- Data Modelling experience in both logical and physical forms
- Experience in star-schema, data mart and DataWarehouse development
- Good knowledge of Cloud based data solutions (AWS/Azure)
Preferably, you also have:
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Source Control systems (e.g. Gradle, Maven, Bamboo, TeamCity, Git, Azure DevOps, Jenkins)
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau, SSRS, or similar.
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Some exposure to data science, machine learning or statistics
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Communicate well with management, peers, and clients
- Get things done and take ownership of solutions and deliverables
- Enjoy innovation and creative approaches to developing solutions
- Have a fascination with data, technologies, and the ever-evolving data field!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!