Lixar is looking for a Data Engineering Team Lead to join our data team. As a Team Lead, you will be leading brilliant people through challenging projects, mentoring and coaching your team to success and participating in an extremely vibrant and engaging data community. You will be part of a team supporting and participating in the ongoing development of leading edge applications.
You will work with clients and help them define and achieve their data roadmap. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Big Data with a mix of general programming and some exposure to data visualization.
As a Data Engineering Team Lead, you have:
- 3+ years of experience leading technical teams
- Good experience delivering technical projects (Agile, Jira, Git, Quality, best practices)
- 5+ years of programming experience in Python
- A proven track record using the Apache Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Data Lake, Hive, HDFS, Impala) to tackle “big data” problems
- Good experience using Cloud based data solutions (AWS/Azure)
- A master of all things SQL (and NoSQL)
- Knowledge of ELT, ELT, Lambda and Kappa data architectures
- Experience working with production systems
- Curiosity and a love for digging into the details
- Passion for data
- Exceptional communication skills with management, peers, and clients
Preferably, you also have:
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (e.g. Azure DevOps)
- Experience with DataBricks
- Some Data Visualization experience in Power BI, Tableau, or similar
- Exposure to data science, machine learning or statistics
- Some experience using Docker
You will have the following attributes:
- Knowing that routines are in fact, not routine
- Holding ourselves accountable to a high level of quality
- Creating a culture of inclusivity, diversity where we embrace our differences
- Encouraging communication within all levels of our organization
- A blameless, iterative, approach to delivery and excellence
- Getting things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!