Lixar I.T. is looking for a Data & Hadoop Software Developer to join our data team. In this role, you will be part of a team supporting and participating in the ongoing development of leading edge, data-driven applications. The ideal candidate will be a backend developer who has some exposure to Big Data and cloud-based data processing in Azure or AWS.
As an experienced Data Software Developer, you have:
- A proven track record using the Apache Hadoop ecosystem (Hadoop, Oozie, Pig, Hive) to tackle “big data” problems
- Solid experience with Apache Spark
- Mastery of all things SQL (and NoSQL)
- 3 – 5 years of programming experience in Java, C#, Scala or Python
- Proven experience using RESTful Web Services, JSON
- Good knowledge of Cloud based data solutions (AWS/Azure)
Preferably, you also have:
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Source Control systems (e.g. Gradle, Maven, Bamboo, TeamCity, Git)
- Some exposure to visualization platforms like Power BI, Tableau, or similar
- Some exposure to data science, machine learning or statistics
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a passion for learning and a passion for data
- Have a sense of humour
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers, and clients
- Have high attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!