Lixar I.T. is looking for a Data Product Owner with a specialty in data to join our data team. In this role you will be working closely with clients to understand their objectives, propose solutions, and collaborate with our technical teams to deliver those solutions. You will need top-notch communication skills, a commitment to success, a broad technical background, and an ability to learn new concepts quickly and think on your feet.
As an experienced Data Product Owner, you have:
- 3+ years of previous experience as a Product Owner, Sales Engineer, Customer Facing Analyst, or similar experience
- A demonstrated ability to influence, consult, and provide thought leadership to sponsors/stakeholders in solving business and technical problems
- A proven track record of using data analytics to achieve concrete business improvement
- The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, manage change, and work well under pressure
- An ability to apply initiative and creativity when approaching challenges
- An ability to prioritize technology decisions based on business value and impact
- High personal standards, work ethic, and commitment to customer satisfaction
- An ability to understand things at an architectural level, but explain them well to a non-technical person
- A positive attitude and an ability to inspire others
- A broad conceptual understanding of our technical landscape, including:An understanding of Agile principles and Scrum best practices | Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence fundamentals | Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (other cloud technologies are an asset) | Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Cloudera, and DataBricks | A thorough understanding of Cloud and platform services
What you will be doing:
- Engage in technical strategy and roadmap discussions with top-tier clients, and demonstrate thought leadership through the recommendation of technical and business approaches that show a true understanding of the client’s objectives
- Coordinate and activitely participate in responses to RFAs, statements of work, and the gathering of consensus for effort & cost estimates
- Lead consulting engagements with clients from post-sales stage to successful delivery of the project in terms of scope, deliverables, budget, client satisfaction and achievement of required business outcomes
- Manage customer expectations throughout engagements, and collaborate closely with technical teams to ensure our delivery meets or exceeds those expectations
- Present engagement results to senior stakeholders and establish next steps
- Work closely with sales to proactively identify opportunities to provide additional value to our existing clients, and transition initial projects into future engagements
- Occasionally assist sales team in technical discussions with prospective clients
- Work closely with all key areas of our business from a technical and non-technical standpoint
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a passion for learning and a passion for data
- Have a sense of humour
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers, and clients
- Have “Attention to detail” as your middle name
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!