Lixar I.T. is looking for a Product Owner with a specialty in data to join our data team. In this role, you will be working closely with clients to understand the vision and collaborating with our developers to create solutions and turn ideas into reality. You will need top-notch communication skills, a commitment to success, and an easy familiarity with technical matters.
As an experienced Data Product Owner, you have:
- 3+ years of previous experience as a Product Owner, Sales Engineer, Customer Facing Analyst, or similar experience
- Proven experience with data analytics and an understanding of Hadoop and Spark
- An understanding of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (experience in other cloud technologies are an asset)
- Thorough understanding of Cloud and platform services
- Proven experience working in a software development environment
- Understanding of Agile principles and working knowledge of Scrum
- Proven ability to meet commitments, timelines and deliver
- Accountability for actions and understands the business impact of decisions made
Ability to work independently, manage change and work well under pressure
- Proven ability to apply initiative and creativity when approaching challenges
- Ability to prioritize technology decisions based on business value and impact
- Ability to understand things at an architectural level, but explain them well to a non-technical person
What you will be doing:
- Identify solutions used to solve key customer’s business objectives
- Work closely with all key areas of the business from a technical and non-technical standpoint
- Develop detailed requirements, stories and acceptance criteria for the development teams
- Play an active role in sprint planning to ensure the requirements are tracked and delivered on time and within scope
- Manage the product backlog, grooming and prioritizing
- Communicate technical vision through design, architecture, process and development discussions
- Show customer leadership through the recommendation of technical and business approaches that show a true understanding of the client’s objectives
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a passion for learning and a passion for data
- Have a sense of humour
- High personal standards and commitment to quality
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers, and clients
- Have high attention to detail
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!