Lixar is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team in a new and exciting exploratory role. This hands-on person will report directly to our Director of Data Science and will take a leading role in the creation of sophisticated algorithms and data mining strategies designed to maximize the value of our customer’s data, while playing an instrumental role in the development of Lixar’s Data offering.
As a Data Scientist, you will have:
- 3 – 5 years relevant analytics and data mining & modeling work experience
- Proven ability to develop and execute sophisticated data mining & modeling solutions
- In depth knowledge of the advanced techniques and tools common to the data mining & machine learning world such as: Clustering, Classification, Regression Analysis | Strong Python skills | SkLearn, Tensorflow, NLTK, etc.
- Good foundational skills in programming for production grade systems
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical ability
- Working experience with relational database management system (RDBMS) with a strong knowledge of SQL
- Passionate, energetic, enthusiastic, creative
- Impeccable honesty, integrity, and ethics
- Formally trained or having experience in statistics, computer science, or machine-learning related fields
- Any experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services considered an asset
- What you will be doing:
- Hands on and directly involved in the creation of sophisticated algorithms, data mining & machine learning strategies
- Significantly contributing to the development of Lixar’s Data offering
- Finding creative ways and/or new perspectives on available data to provide value to our customers
- Working with our Research & Development team to: Apply theories and conduct experiments using available toolsets | Provide mentorship in data mining & machine learning techniques | Conduct studies, tests and use advanced data mining & modeling techniques to build solutions that optimize the quality and performance of the company’s data
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers and clients
- Have high attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!