BDO Lixar is looking for an Data Scientist to join our remote Canadian team. This hands-on person will be involved in the creation of sophisticated algorithms and data mining strategies designed to maximize the value of our customer’s data, while playing an instrumental role in the development of Lixar BDO’s Data offering.
What you must have:
- 5+ years relevant analytics and data mining & modeling work experience
- Extensive experience developing custom algorithms for analyzing and processing data, and demonstrated ability to implement new algorithms and methodologies from leading open source initiatives
- Strong Python experience
- Expertise in some of the following Data Science methods along with a working knowledge in most:
- Bayesian methods
- Linear and Logistic Regression
- Random Forests
- Dimensionality reduction
- Support vector machines
- Machine vision
- Natural Language Processing
- Neural Networks
- Gradient Boosting and Signal Processing
- The language, libraries and toolkits you use should include some of the following: Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras Spark, Docker, R etc
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical ability
- Working experience with relational database management system (RDBMS) with a strong knowledge of SQL
What will make you stand out:
- Master’s or PhD degree in quantitative discipline (Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or similar)
- Good foundational skills in programming for production grade systems
- Any experience with cloud technologies: Azure, AWS or GCP
- Any experience with Docker considered an asset
- Familiarity with Data Engineering
- Any experience with visualization tools is a plus: PowerBI, Tableau, d3.js, R Shiny, Bokeh, Dash.
As the ideal candidate, you must value:
- Creating a culture of inclusivity, diversity where we embrace our differences
- Holding ourselves accountable to a high level of quality
- Knowing that routines are in fact, not routine
- Encouraging communication within all levels of the organization
- Have a sense of humour
- A blameless, iterative approach to delivery and excellence
- Getting things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to BDO Lixar today!