Lixar is looking for a Software Developer – Data Specialist to join our team. As a key contributor, you will be you will be part of a team working on leading edge projects. The ideal candidate will be a software developer with a passion for all things data. They will be a committed individual who has a strong sense of self and strives for perfection.
As a Software Developer – Data Specialist, you will have:
- A mastery of all things SQL (and NoSQL)
- Demonstrated ability to write DDL and DML queries, procedures, etc
- A sound knowledge of relational database principles and relational data modeling
- Excellent problem recognition and problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical solutions to various levels of the organization
- A good understanding of cloud based services on AWS or Azure or a strong desire to learn
- 3+ years of programming experience in Java, C#, Scala or Python
- Proven experience using RESTful Web Services, JSON
- Ability to prioritize technology decisions based on business value and impact
- A history of technical leadership and advocating use of improved tools/frameworks
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to manage time and priorities effectively
- Ability to work in small teams and with minimal supervision
The following would be considered an asset:
- Experience with MySQL 5.6+ and Microsoft SQL Server 2016+
- Knowledge of source control and bug tracking systems like Git and Jira
- Data Visualization experience in Power BI, Tableau, or similar products
- Experience applying data warehousing principles and technologies
- Working knowledge of ETL tools and practices, especially Microsoft SSIS ETL packages
- Understanding of object oriented programming principles
- Understanding of abstraction concepts and integration with application code
- Post-secondary education in computer science
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum frameworks
With these attributes:
- A sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Able to communicate effectively within a development team and with clients
- Have high attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Not blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!