Lixar is looking for a bright individual with a unique mix of creativity, data visualization experience, and database skills. On our Data & Analytics team, you’ll work with subject matter experts in Data Science and Engineering to deliver data-driven features for a wide variety of different customers, platforms, and business domains.
As an experienced Data Visualization Analyst, you have:
- Solid experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau & Power BI
- A high level of comfort with relational databases and solid SQL skills
- A commitment to producing work that is visually appealing on the surface, but also draws you in and tells a clear, contextual story
- An insatiable curiosity and a desire to visually explore data
- An understanding that good data visualizations are informative, but great visualizations have interactive and exploratory elements to them as well
- Strong communication skills – an ability to build a narrative around data and reveal its value to customers in both the work itself and presentations
- The vision to help a client identify a strategic direction and the skill to keep efforts and discussions focused
Preferably, you also have:
- 3+ years of experience and steadily increasing responsibility in an analytics and/or visualization function
- A general understanding of programming
- Some exposure to Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Business acumen – understand business drivers and have a framework-driven process of analyzing business problems and developing solutions
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with Business Analysts and customers to understand their data and analytics needs, and define project goals and deliverables
- Writing sophisticated SQL queries to extract data and build complex models
- Collaborating with experts in machine learning and predictive analysis to gather data, explore and analyze the data, and develop solutions for the customer
- Designing interactive data visualizations and software features that allow customers to interpret and explore their data in an intuitive manner
- Presenting visualizations to prospective clients showcasing potential and generating excitement over data
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers, and clients
- Have high attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
- Have a strong desire for learning something new everyday
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!