Lixar is looking for an innovative data visualisation enthusiast; who can turn complex concepts and data into intuitive, insightful and functional visualization. We work closely with our clients, delivering both big data and AI/ML solutions, and visualizing these outcomes and systems. This is a critical process in development and is delivering value back to the business and deciphering the mystery of Machine Learning.
We work with a wide breadth of businesses, from Finance through to Major Sports, where you will gain exposure to cutting-edge solutions and technology advancement, whilst pushing the limits of visualisation.
As an experienced Data Visualization Analyst, you have:
- Experience in any tool visualizing interactive data for briefing management audiences. For example: PowerBI, Tableau, D3.js, Spotfire, SSRS
- Strong communication and “requirements gathering” skills
- Methodical and rounded approach to development: actionable | creative | accurate | understandable | flexible
- A self-starter mentality and seeking ownership of deliverables
- Well rounded understanding of analytical functions, financials and business logic
- An eye for automation opportunities
- Very high data quality standards
- Intermediate SQL or other relational database stores
- A passion for dashboards and infographics; or telling stories with data
Preferably, you also have:
- Prior experience with Power BI or Tableau
- Intermediate SQL Server, Postgres, AWS RDS or Redshift experience
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and platforms, such as Azure or AWS
- Experience consulting on or teaching workshops on data, data visualization or analysis
- Graphic design skills applicable to data visualization (or some creative flare)
- Experience developing vision and strategy for reporting and analysis
- An understanding of DataWarehouse (DW) applications, star-schemas, and DW design
What you will be doing:
- Working with stakeholders to determine the KPIs and insights, understand the business purpose and business logic, and develop measures.
- Working with Data Scientists to present the output of a model to business executives
- Working with Data Engineers to improve the performance and usefulness of data at the source, including contributions to design or calculations
- Proving concepts and features to potential clients by quickly turning around prototype reports
- Translating model and pipeline outputs into interpretable, clear and concise analytics
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Understand the purpose of Business Intelligence
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers, and clients
- High attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
- Have a strong desire for learning something new everyday
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!