Lixar, fueled by BDO is looking for a DevOps Specialist to join our remote Canadian team for a 6 month contract (with possible extension). As a key contributor, you will help us take our professional services practice to the next level. The ideal candidate will be a committed professional who has a strong sense of self and strives for perfection. Must hold Enhanced Reliability Clearance or be eligible to get one.
What you will be doing:
- Analyze customer cloud solution and build proper Azure monitoring including monitoring data collection and alert rules
- Create and support practices designed to improve build release and deployment automation
- Analyze and diagnose build compilation, dependency, failures and issues
- Work on server configuration, web server set-up, database set-up and deployment instructions
- On a daily basis, interact with I.T., Development, QA and Production Support to deliver quality builds and maintain quality production
- Document and maintain build and environment configuration artefacts
- Work with the client to manage production deployments and assist with production support
As an experienced DevOps Specialist you will have:
- 5+ years’ of industry experience supporting and designing scripted build processes
- Experience with Azure cloud services and Azure devops
- Experience in Azure Monitoring specifically around implementing Metric and Log alert rules (strongly preferred)
- Experience in Azure Kusto query Language (strongly preferred)
- Experience with one or more Continuous Integration (CI) or build management tools is a must; Bamboo, Cruise Control, TeamCity or similar
- Experience writing scripts in linux/powershell/Azure CLI
- Experience with Github or similar version control systems
- A love for automation – be organized and process-oriented
- Creative approach to challenges
- Understanding of overall software development lifecycle
- Experience in Agile development and / or Continuous Deployment methodologies
As the ideal candidate, you must value:
- Creating a culture of inclusivity, diversity where we embrace our differences
- Holding ourselves accountable to a high level of quality
- Knowing that routines are in fact, not routine
- Encouraging communication within all levels of the organization
- Have a sense of humour
- A blameless, iterative approach to delivery and excellence
- Getting things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar, Fueled by BDO today!