Lixar I.T. is looking for a Data Architect to join our team. As a Data Architect you will be part of a team supporting and participating in the ongoing development of leading edge applications. The ideal candidate will be a senior technical resource with a background in data-driven software development and a solid knowledge of architecture both on-premise and in the cloud.
As Data Enterprise Architect, you have:
- Current professional experience in creating/architecting solutions for cloud (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- In depth working knowledge with technologies such as: Databricks (Spark), Elasticsearch, Kafka, Hadoop or Synapse (SQLDW, ADF, ADLS, AAS)
- 2+ years of experience with Data Lakes/NoSQL (HDFS, Blob/ADLS, S3)
- 5+ years of working with relational databases and SQL
- 5+ years of programming experience in either C#, Java, Scala or Python
- Experience in executing large/enterprise-scale software solutions
- Excellent research and documentation skills
- A good understanding of cloud based services on Azure (or AWS/GCP) and a strong desire to learn more
- A good understanding of the Apache Hadoop ecosystem (particularly Spark)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical solutions to various levels of the organization
Preferably, you also have:
- Architect Certification on a major cloud platform (GCP, Azure, or AWS)
- Some exposure to data science and the creation of machine learning pipelines (SkLearn, PyTorch, Tensorflow, NLTK, Azure ML, SageMaker)
- Experience with Data Governance principles (such as Data anonymisation/obfuscation, access patterns, RBAC, Lineage, Dictionaries, etc)
- Experience in Logical or Physical Data Modeling (such as Kimball or Inmon)
- Exposure to IoT “near real” time data flows.
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers, and clients
- Have high attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Have a sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!