Lixar is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our team, in either Ottawa or Halifax.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished learner, who likes to roll up their sleeves and has a sense of commitment to customer satisfaction.
As a Financial Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Prepare, process and manage customer and vendor invoices (AR and AP)
- Customer and vendor account reconciliations and expedient resolution of discrepancies
- Review of subcontractor / vendor payments that require thorough verification
- Review and manage corporate credit cards and employee expense claims
- Prepare vendor payments (e.g. cheque runs, wires etc.)
- Master all client online billing and invoice tracking systems
- Daily correspondence with stakeholders on related accounting enquiries, including payment follow ups
- General journal entries
- Enforce, and recommend where appropriate, accounting policies and procedures
- Compliance matters (GST/HST)
- Prepare, analyze reporting related to receivables and payables, including cash flow statements and aged trade payables
- Other miscellaneous and related tasks on demand
As a Financial Analyst you have:
- Minimum of a college diploma in Accounting or Bookkeeping and prior accounting work experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, specifically for Excel an intermediate level of experience.
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles and/or Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE).
- Experience working in accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics stack)
- Strong organization and time management skills
- High attention to detail, with the ability to solve problems quickly and detect errors easily
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with both co-workers and clients as well as governmental and professional bodies
Preferably, you also have:
- Experience working in a small or medium sized company where teamwork is paramount.
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a sense of humour
- Want to grow your role within the accounting function
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!