Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Financial Reporting Lead is responsible to maintain and manage the financial accounting and internal reporting framework for Lixar. This is a contract position for a 1 year term.
What you will be doing:
- Managing the day to day accounting and reporting component of the financial function including accounting, taxation and reporting
- Producing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Providing timely advice, reporting and financial leadership to external and internal stakeholders
- Providing financial analysis, interpretation and presentation of financial information against plan in a clear, concise and effective manner providing critical insight into the financial performance of the Company
- Ensuring financial plans are consistent with organizational goals, presenting financial scenarios related to future growth projects
- Ensuring that all accounting and reporting policies and procedures are aligned to applicable standards
What you must have:
- Completion of a recognized professional accounting designation, either CPA / CGA, CMA, or CA
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience leading and managing small teams
- A commitment to producing high-quality, on-time financials and accounting deliverables
- Positive and professional attitude
- Experience with the Microsoft suite and proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Self-motivated, reliable and career oriented individual
- An ability to roll up your sleeves as and where needed
- An interest and desire to be exposed to international accounting
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and balance multiple deliverables
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Strict attention to detail and highly organized
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!