Lixar is looking for a Senior Front-End Lead Developer to become part of our Ottawa or Halifax team.
As a Front-End Lead Developer, you will have:
- 7+ years of development with OO or Functional languages
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of developers
- Strong experience with one or more modern JS frameworks such as: Angular, Node.js, Meteor, React, Backbone
- Knowledge of SASS/LESS or similar CSS preprocessors
- Experience writing custom libraries and APIs
- Strong experience with HTML & CSS, (including Bootstrap) and current best practices
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to manage time and priorities effectively
- Ability to apply initiative and creativity when approaching challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively within a development team and with clients
- Ability to derive problem space requirements and drive towards design
- Post-secondary education in engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience
The following would be considered an asset:
- Experience with server-side development in Node.js
- Experience with packaging and build tools such as: Gulp/Grunt, WebPack, Bower, Yeoman
- Knowledge of semantic HTML
- Understanding of browser developer tools
- Understanding of automated testing frameworks such as Mocha, Jasmine
- Understanding of automated testing tools such as Selenium
- Knowledge of BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) and Gherkin
- Knowledge of TDD practices
With These Attributes:
- A sense of humour
- Like knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine
- High attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Not blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!