Lixar is looking for a bright individual with a unique mix of creativity and data visualization experience. On our Data team, you’ll work with subject matter experts in Data Science and Data Engineering to deliver visualizations for a wide variety of different customers, platforms, and business domains.
As an Infographic Designer…
- You use a combination of graphics and data visualization tools to tell a visual story with data.
- Your work is visually appealing on the surface, but also draws you in and tells a clear, contextual story.
- You have an insatiable curiosity and like to visually explore data.
- You approach “data viz” from the designer perspective instead of the computer science perspective.
- You know the elements of good visual design.
- You can look at a bad infographic and immediately list a dozen things you’d do to improve it.
- You know that good data visualizations are informative, but great visualizations have interactive and exploratory elements to them as well.
- You’re adept at working with multiple experts from various data domains and learning as you go.
- You’re experienced at teasing requirements out of customers.
- You can take a bunch of brainstorming ideas and form them into a cohesive vision.
Preferably, you also have:
- 3+ years of experience and steadily increasing responsibility in a similar position
- Business acumen – understand business drivers and have a framework-driven process of analyzing business problems and developing solutions
- Solid experience in any modern data visualization platform
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with Business Analysts and customers to understand their data and analytics needs, and define project goals and deliverables
- Exploring data from various domains/industries using tools such as Tableau & Power BI
- Designing interactive data visualizations that allow customers to interpret and explore their data in an intuitive manner
- Collaborating with experts in machine learning and data engineering to enable the transformation of data into actionable insights
- Providing guidance and expertise in information design best practices
- Presenting visualizations to prospective clients showcasing potential and generating excitement over data
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers, and clients
- High personal standards and commitment to quality
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
- Have a strong desire for learning something new everyday
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!