Lixar is looking for a candidate who has a strong ability to quickly grasp issues, establish clear objectives for implementation and respond with urgency to achieve goals in the project timelines. Autonomous, dynamic and able to solve problems, the Project Manager on the Telco Team must have natural leadership skills, be proactive and demonstrate sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills.
What you will be doing:
- Defining and managing scope and requirements across the lifecycle of IT Software Development projects.
- Establishing and managing project plans (using MS Project or similar software tools).
- Planning, organizing and leading projects of varying sizes and timelines.
- Balancing the client’s and development team’s needs on an ongoing basis to help lead team to success
- Communicating project status to all members and project key stakeholders and ensuring that any issues that may impact objectives are brought forward and addressed.
- Assisting project leaders in the development of project plans and ensuring that all team members understand their assigned responsibilities.
- Setting up, facilitating and documenting team and client meetings.
- Writing proposals
- Coordinating and contributing to project’s estimation efforts.
What you must have:
- 3+ years’ experience in a Project Management role.
- Experience producing requirements documentation, use cases and other related artifacts.
- A solid grasp of project management basics principles in an SDLC context.
- Experience with several SDLC models including but not limited to: Agile (SCRUM) and Waterfall.
- Private sector experience with managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Software development experience.
- Demonstrated high level of effectiveness both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to meet commitments, meet timelines and deliver.
- Accountability for your own actions and understand the business impact of decisions made.
- Ability to work independently, manage change and work well under pressure.
- Proven ability to apply initiative and creativity when approaching challenges.
What you must value:
- A sense of humour
- Knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine
- High personal standards and commitment to quality.
- Creation and promotion of an environment where people are on-side and feel a collective sense of success.
- Be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Not blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!