Lixar is looking for a Junior Systems Administrator to join our Ottawa team. As a key contributor, you will help Lixar support internal and external clients. The ideal candidate will be a committed professional who has a strong sense of self and strives for perfection.
As a Junior Systems Administrator, you will have:
- A passion for technology and infrastructure
- A willingness to take on any task, big or small
- An uncanny ability to be organized
- A degree or related experience in Computer science, Computer engineering, or IT
- Experience in diagnosing complex technical issues
- Experience in troubleshooting network, servers and operating systems
The following would be considered an asset:
- Experience working in a small company where teamwork is paramount
- Experience in Agile development and/or Continuous Deployment methodologies is a definite asset
- Experience with cloud based platforms: Azure, AWS, Google App Engine, OpenStack
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Saltstack, Puppet
What you will be doing:
- Maintain and organize equipment assets
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date infrastructure monitoring, documentation and diagrams
- Use helpdesk systems for the purpose of logging, tracking and communicating daily support issues/requests both internally and externally to vendor teams
- Perform desktop, laptop and server hardware/software troubleshooting
- Contribute to research and development of technical solutions
What you must value:
- A sense of humour
- Cleanliness and order
- Like knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Have exceptional communication skills
- High attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Not blaming others for your mistakes
- Getting things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!