BDO Lixar is looking for an innovative Senior PowerBI Data Visualization Specialist to join our remote Canadian team. An enthusiast who can turn complex concepts and data into intuitive, insightful and functional visualization.
We work closely with our clients, delivering both big data and AI/ML solutions, and visualizing these outcomes and systems is critical. We work with a wide range of businesses and industries, from Finance to Sports to Retail to Transport. Working on these projects, you will gain exposure to cutting-edge solutions and technologies, whilst pushing the limits of visualization tools and techniques.
What you will be doing:
- Working with Stakeholders to determine their KPIs and insights, understand the business purpose and business logic, and develop appropriate measures
- Working with Data Scientists to present their model outputs to stakeholders
- Working with Data Engineers to improve the performance and usefulness of data at the source, including contributions to data pipelines design, or data transformations
- Quickly turning concepts and features into prototype dashboards which you’ll present to clients
- Translating model and pipeline outputs into interpretable, clear and concise analytics
- Collaborating with UX, UI and Design team & project members
What you must have:
- Experience working as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or Data Engineer
- Experience building interactive dashboards to help management make business decisions
- Experience using PowerBI to its absolute limits: Direct Queries, Slicers, Bookmarks, Layers, DAX
- Experience extracting data using SQL
- Experience collecting and documenting detailed client requirements
- Experience Communicating with clients
- Approaching development in a methodical way:
- An eye for automation opportunities
- Passion for creating dashboards and infographics
- Drive to tell stories with data
- Very high data quality standards
What will make you stand out:
- Interest or experience in UX, UI or Design
- Some SQL Server, Postgres, AWS RDS or Redshift experience
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and platforms, such as Azure or AWS
- Experience consulting or teaching workshops on data, data visualization or analysis
- Graphic design skills applicable to data visualization (or some creative flare)
- Experience developing vision for reporting and analysis
As the ideal candidate, you must value:
- Creating a culture of inclusivity, diversity where we embrace our differences
- Holding ourselves accountable to a high level of quality
- Knowing that routines are in fact, not routine
- Encouraging communication within all levels of the organization
- Have a sense of humour
- A blameless, iterative approach to delivery and excellence
- Getting things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to BDO Lixar today!