Lixar is looking for a Project Managers to join our team. In this role, you are accountable to ensure your team delivers what it said, when it said, for the price it said and are empowered to make things happen. Autonomous, dynamic and able to solve problems, the Project Manager must have natural leadership skills, be proactive and demonstrate sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills. A history with software development projects is fundamental to your success. You will be supported by our PMO and Lixar Way delivery process.
What you will be doing:
- Managing customer and team alignment to scope, timeline, and budget across the lifecycle of Software Development projects.
- Establishing and managing project plans (using Agile, Waterfall or other project methodologies).
- Coordinating and reporting on progress, billables, and costs of project delivery.
- Communicating project status to all key stakeholders and ensuring that any issues that may impact objectives are brought forward and addressed.
- Coordinating and contributing to project estimation efforts.
What you must have:
- 3+ years’ experience in a Project Management role, specifically with software project delivery.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and Waterfall.
- A high level of effectiveness in both written and verbal communication.
- Proven ability to meet commitments, meet timelines and deliver.
- Ability to work independently, manage change and work well under pressure.
- Proven ability to apply initiative and creativity when approaching challenges.
- Experience working with distributed and co-located teams.
- High personal standards and commitment to quality
What will make you stand out:
- PMP, CAPM, Certified Scrum Master, Certified SCrum Professional or PMI-ACP preferred
- Technical education and prior experience as a developer, tester, BA or other technical role would be an asset
- Strong understanding of system development life-cycles
- Previous experience working in a Scrum Master role would be an asset
- Conceptual understanding of one or more of the following: data science, data engineering, web development, mobile development, containerization, IoT or DevOps tooling would be an asset
- Previous experience developing solutions in AWS / Azure would be an asset
- Previous experience configuring and using Jira or Azure DevOps would be an asset
What you must value:
- Knowing that routines are in fact, not routine.
- Holding ourselves accountable to a high level of quality.
- Creating a culture of inclusivity, diversity where we embrace our differences.
- Encouraging communication within all levels of our organization.
- A blameless, iterative, approach to delivery and excellence.
- Getting things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!