Lixar is looking for a Software Development Manager to become part of our team.
The role of Software Development Manager is dynamic and multi-faceted, leveraging strong technical skills along with a passion for delivery and people leadership.
You are a passionate development leader who is excited by the opportunity to join and lead remote teams developing exciting new emerging technology solutions. You understand the value of light but effective processes and are ready and experienced at helping to introduce these into an enthusiastic organization. You understand how to implement and utilize automation for quality and speed of delivery and are ready and able to introduce these into the process.
The Software Development Manager will be responsible for:
Leadership in Developing the Team:
- Recruit and manage teams of remote developers.
- Strong frequent communication into the team to ensure that the team fully understands its directions and goals.
- Providing mentoring and support for developing team members and setting the example for excellence in people development
- Knowing the team and the people who make up the team and providing a stimulating and motivating work environment.
Leadership in Technology:
- Oversee architecture, design and technical direction.
- Drive technical excellence and bring forward new technologies and methodologies.
- Oversee and ensure that architecture and development decisions are made that meet functionality, quality and scalability requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and direction.
Leadership in Delivery:
- Responsible for delivery of projects on time, per scope and at cost.
- Evaluate projects, develop and update schedules and supervise project status.
- Responsible for software quality and customer satisfaction.
- Project staff allocation.
- Drive delivery excellence and efficiency.
- Clear and consistent verbal and/or written status reporting to key stakeholders.
- Contribute to and follow the Lixar Way methodology for SDLC.
- Work with other managers to drive process, efficiency and automation.
- Able and willing to take ownership, adapt to changes, and be flexible in a fast moving, constantly changing environment
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least five years of experience managing software development teams and at least two years as a second level manager managing teams.
- Experience managing remote teams (geographically distributed team members).
- Solid software development background.
- A deep understanding of multiple programming approaches and SDLC.
- Excellent Communication skills, able to communicate clearly on both technical and non-technical matters to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Courage and confidence to challenge thinking and behaviors.
- Excellent attention to detail.
You will also:
- Enjoy keeping abreast of industry and technical advancements
- Always be learning – you aren’t afraid to say “I don’t know – let me find out for you”
- Enjoy working and communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!