Lixar is looking for an Android Developer to become part of our team. This position can be out of either the Lixar Halifax or Ottawa office.
As a Senior Android Developer, you will have:
- At least 7+ years of overall development experience
- 3+ years development experience with Android
- Successful design, development and delivery to a production environment of an enterprise-class software system
- Initiative and creativity when approaching challenges
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to manage time and priorities effectively
- Experience working on a project that involved four or more team members.
- Strong knowledge of OOD, architecture styles and design patterns
- Strong understanding of application frameworks, libraries, modules and open source software, and the ability to combine them to form solutions
Your experience in Android Development will include:
- Platform & knowledge of SDK version differences
- Activities, Fragments, Layout, Styles
- Handler, Service, Broadcast receiver
- Retrofit, REST, Firebase messaging
- SQLite, Room, Shared Preference
- Memory Leak Resolution
- Dependency Injection
- Continuous Delivery, Build Server, App Center
- Android Studio, Gradle, Git, Jira
- Java/Google Coding Standards
- RxJava, Kotlin
- Application frameworks: Hibernate, Spring
- Application servers: JBoss or Oracle Glassfish
- Web servers: IIS, Apache HTTP
- Build: Ant, Maven
- IDEs: Eclipse
You will have the following attributes:
- A sense of humour
- Like knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Have exceptional communication skills
- High attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Not blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!