Lixar I.T. is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Practice. As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a team supporting and participating in the ongoing development of leading edge applications. The ideal candidate will be a senior technical resource with a background in data-driven software development and a solid knowledge of architecture both on-premise and in the cloud.
As a Data Engineer, you have:
- Strong Core Java Concept & Object Oriented skills, including an understanding of common object and web application design patterns
- Hands-on experience with Java design patterns (Session Façade, Business Delegate, Service Locator, Data Access Object, Dependency Injection, etc)
- Experience in Big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, MR
- Experience working in streaming (Kafka), big data sets (up to petabytes)
- Experience developing and deploying web applications with application servers utilizing Enterprise API and REST/SOAP/MICRO services
- Experience implementing MVC framework using Struts and/or Spring Framework
- Knowledge of SQL, Queries, Stored Procedures and Triggers in databases like Oracle, MySQL
- Hands-on experience with Maven / Ant / SBT
- Exposure to search technologies such as SOLR, Elastic Search (ELK), Lucene
- Current experience using SQL/no SQL platforms, and Apache products (NiFi, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra)
- Current experience developing RESTful web services
- Current experience high-speed messaging frameworks and streaming
- Experience developing and deploying on Linux/Unix platforms.
- Experience writing ETL processes and batch jobs
- Experience writing map reduce jobs in Java or developing custom user defined functions for processing data
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers, and clients
- Have high attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Have a sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!