Lixar, fueled by BDO is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our remote Canadian team. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be part of a team supporting and participating in the ongoing development of leading edge applications. The ideal candidate will be a senior developer with a strong background in Big Data with a mix of general programming and some exposure to data visualization.
What you must have:
- Post-secondary education in engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience
- A proven track record using the Apache Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Data Lake, Hive, HDFS, Impala) to tackle “big data” problems
- A master of all things SQL (and NoSQL)
- 5+ years of programming experience in Python
- Proven experience using RESTful Web Services & JSON
- Good experience using Cloud based data solutions (AWS/Azure)
- Experience working with production systems
- Knowledge of ELT, ELT, Lambda and Kappa data architectures
What will make you stand out:
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Source Control systems (e.g. Gradle, Maven, Bamboo, TeamCity, Git)
- Experience with DataBricks
- Some Data Visualization experience in Power BI, Tableau, or similar
- Exposure to data science, machine learning or statistics
- Some experience using Docker
As the ideal candidate, you must value:
- Creating a culture of inclusivity, diversity where we embrace our differences
- Holding ourselves accountable to a high level of quality
- Knowing that routines are in fact, not routine
- Encouraging communication within all levels of the organization
- Have a sense of humour
- A blameless, iterative approach to delivery and excellence
- Getting things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar, Fueled by BDO today!