The Data Science team at Lixar is looking for a Senior Data scientist who will be tasked with finding data-driven solutions to a wide array of business problems for our clients. Success in this role will depend highly on your passion for problem solving and learning new fields and technologies. Your natural curiosity and attention to detail will allow you to maximize the signal you can extract from noisy data.
- Master’s or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, or similar)
- 3+ years experience implementing machine learning models and statistical analysis.
- Experience solving problems that don’t have out-of-the-box solutions.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. You will be expected to closely collaborate with colleagues in the data team and other business units, and also to be able to work independently with excellent time management skills.
- Experience disseminating scientific research results, this could include activities such as writing journal articles and/or white papers, and giving conference presentations.
- In this role you will be expected to mentor junior and intermediate data scientists on the team and interface and collaborate with other business units.
- Expertise in some of the following Data Science methods is expected, along with a working knowledge in most: linear and logistic regression, Bayesian methods, random forests, dimensionality reduction, support vector machines, frequentist statistics, machine vision, natural language processing, neural networks, gradient boosting, and signal processing.
- Extensive experience developing custom algorithms for analyzing and processing data, and demonstrated ability to implement new algorithms and methodologies from leading open source initiatives.
- Experience writing production-grade software is a plus.
- Experience with cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, GCP
- The languages, libraries, and toolkits you use should include at least some of the following: Python, Scikit-Learn, R, SQL, Spark, Docker, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch.
- Experience with any of the following visualization tools is a plus: PowerBI, Tableau, d3.js, R Shiny, Bokeh, Dash.
What you will be doing:
- Hands on and directly involved in the creation of sophisticated algorithms, data mining & machine learning strategies
- Significantly contributing to the development of Lixar’s Data offering
- Finding creative ways and/or new perspectives on available data to provide value to our customers
- Working with our Research & Development team to: Apply theories and conduct experiments using available toolsets; Provide mentorship in data mining & machine learning techniques; Conduct studies, tests and use advanced data mining & modeling techniques to build solutions that optimize the quality and performance of the company’s data
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers and clients
- Have high attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
- Have a strong desire for learning something new everyday
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!