Lixar I.T. Inc. is looking for a Senior Human Resources Specialist to become an integral part of our Ottawa team. The ideal candidate will be an experienced tactical administrator who, enjoys delivering to a strategic road map and working with stakeholders. You are looking to make an impact and are willing to make a long-term investment in the role and in Lixar.
We need you to build vital and strong relationships and support the strategic goals of the firm and business units as they pertain to the staffing, engagement, performance, and development. You will provide guidance, coaching, follow-up on employee relations issues, policy interpretation, and performance management.
What you will be doing:
- Implement and deliver all Human Resources operations, policies, procedures, and programs.
- Support the HR department in implementing programs to help support and improve the employee experience
- Provide high-quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues
- Provide support to employees in various HR related topics such as leaves, compensation etc. and resolve issues and problems
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Conduct employee onboarding and help plan training & development
- Undertake tasks in performance management
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Perform full-cycle recruitment for highly technical positions
- Advocate HR best-practices, policies and compliance where appropriate
- Support the leadership team with timely and accurate advice and services
- Tracking and metrics of the HR function
- Administer employee probation, performance review and variable pay schedules
- Any other job-related duties characteristic to the position, as may be assigned from time to time by the management team.
You Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline
- 5-7 years of proven experience as an HR Generalist
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong knowledge of hiring processes
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office, Office 365, Google Suite, and various HRMS and ATS
- Aptitude in problem-solving and negotiation
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and points of view with an ability to consult and influence outcomes effectively
- Desire to work as a team with a result driven approach
We also need you to:
- Demonstrate adaptability and resourcefulness
- Be approachable and use discretion when handling personal information
- Use initiative and creativity when approaching challenges
- Have a sense of humour
- Be able to handle a large volume of diverse work and require minimal supervision
- Have volunteer experience
- Have the ability to always be “on”
- Take your work, but not yourself, seriously
- Like knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!