Lixar is looking for a Senior Java Developer to become part of our team. In this role, you will be part of a team supporting and participating in the ongoing development of our gaming product. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a small team environment with lots of inter-company support and a relaxed, professional atmosphere. In the past, you’ve carried significant responsibility for the development of major projects including but not limited to Web and back end mobile applications.
As a Senior Java Developer, you will have:
- 6+ years previous Java development experience
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to manage time and priorities effectively
- Apply initiative and creativity when approaching challenges
- Leadership skills, experience in mentoring junior team members
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Understanding of development frameworks such as, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Tiles
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Slack, Google Apps and Excel
The following would be considered an asset:
- Exposure to AWS
- Experience working in a small company where team work is paramount
- Exposure to Logentries and TeamCity
- Working understanding of machine learning
- Experience working with large data repositories
- Baseball fan who knows MLB
With these attributes:
- A sense of humour
- Like knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Have exceptional communication skills
- High attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Not blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!