Lixar, fuelled by BDO is looking for a Senior Python Developer to join our remote Canadian team. As a Senior Python Developer you will be part of a team supporting and participating in the ongoing development of leading edge applications running on Microsoft Azure Cloud. The ideal candidate will be a senior technical resource with a background in data-driven software development and a solid knowledge of architecture both on-premise and in the cloud.
What you must have:
- Strong professional Python development experience
- Demonstrable experience working with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Working experience developing, maintaining and deploying custom Python packages (setuptools, wheels, eggs).
- Working experience with common Python libraries/frameworks (pandas, numpy, flask, behave, etc)
- Working experience with Plotly’s Python Dash app framework
- Ability to test new and existing code using standard Python testing libraries (E.g. pytest)
- Experience working on an Agile team and follow SDLC practices (Agile, git code management, CI/CD, etc)
- A keen understanding and application of Python development best practices.
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to manage time and priorities effectively
- Demonstrable experience interfacing with clients in extracting use cases and deriving requirements
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical solutions to various levels of the organization
- Excellent research and documentation skills
What will make you stand out:
- Architect Certification on a major cloud platform (GCP, Azure, or AWS)
- Professional experience working with technologies such as; Databricks (Spark), Elasticsearch, Kafka, Hadoop or Synapse (SQLDW, ADF, ADLS, AAS)
- Some exposure to data science and the creation of machine learning pipelines
- Familiar with ONNX runtime for working with and building ML models
- Working experience with Jupyter Notebook
As the ideal candidate, you must value:
- Creating a culture of inclusivity, diversity where we embrace our differences
- Holding ourselves accountable to a high level of quality
- Knowing that routines are in fact, not routine
- Encouraging communication within all levels of the organization
- Have a sense of humour
- A blameless, iterative approach to delivery and excellence
- Getting things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar, Fuelled by BDO today!