Lixar I.T. is looking for a Software Developer with a specialization in Cloud and Data to join our data practice. In this role, you will be part of a team supporting and participating in the ongoing development of leading edge, data-driven applications. The ideal candidate will be a senior developer who has a passion for cloud and data and experience in building ETL and ML data pipelines in both stream and batch.
As an experienced Software Developer in Cloud & Data, you have:
- Post-secondary education in engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of programming experience in Python (or another language with a desire to learn Python)
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem with a focus on Spark
- A master of all things SQL (and NoSQL)
- Experience in cloud based software development on either Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Knowledge of both traditional and modern data warehousing techniques
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Source Control systems
What you will be doing:
- Using tools like Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, and SQL Server to build scalable data ingestion and processing pipelines in both stream and batch
- Exploring data and building schemas for use in both data visualization and machine learning applications
- Working with Visualization Analysts and Data Scientists to help extract more value from all different kinds of data
- Working across a diverse set of business domains and helping to solve challenging problems
- Learning, sharing, and collaborating with amazing people on a daily basis
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers, and clients
- Have “Attention to detail” as your middle name
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!