Lixar is looking for a Technical Prime to become part of our Ottawa team. As a Technical Architect/Release Prime, you will be setting architectural direction for our projects and ensuring we have a repeatable release process that reflects our clients needs. The ideal candidate will be a senior developer who has experience working directly with clients, excellent communication skills and a sense of commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. These skills will have been honed through career experiences where you have been responsible for setting system level architecture and managing complex enterprise releases.
As a Senior Technical Prime, you will have:
- 10+ years progressive development experience. Microsoft stack experience (.Net, SQL Server, IIS) mandatory. Preference given to those who also have Java experience.
- Post-secondary education in engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience owning technical delivery of long-term enterprise projects including architecture and release
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to manage time and priorities effectively
- Apply initiative and creativity when approaching challenges
- Able to communicate effectively within a development team and with clients
- High attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Leadership skills, experience in mentoring team members
- Experience in an Agile software development environment (SCRUM)
- Proven experience using RESTful Web Services, XML, EJBs, JDBC, RDBMS, SQL
- Understanding of development frameworks such as, React, Node, Spring, Hibernate
- Application server experience (e.g. Websphere, others)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (e.g. Maven, Bamboo, Cruise Control)
- Experience with test automation frameworks (e.g. JUnit, Mockito, TestNG, JMeter)
With these attributes:
- A sense of humour
- Like knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Have ‘attention to detail’ as your middle name
- Be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Not blame others for your mistakes
- Exceptional client communication skills
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!
Thank you for applying! We look forward to meeting with the selected interview candidates.