Lixar is looking for a Technical Division Manager to become part of our team.
The role of Division Manager is dynamic and multi-faceted, leveraging strong technical skills along with a passion for customer service and people leadership.
You are a passionate development leader who is excited by the opportunity to join and lead teams developing exciting new emerging technology solutions. You understand the value of light but effective processes and are ready and experienced at helping to introduce these into an enthusiastic organization. You understand how to implement and utilize automation for quality and speed of delivery and are ready and able to introduce these into the process.
The Division Manager will be responsible for:
Leadership in Technology:
- Oversee to ensure that architecture and development decisions are made that meet functionality, quality and maintainability requirements
- Provide technical guidance when needed to help find solutions to issues that affect product requirements
- Contribute to teams on lead design, architecture and project execution discussions
- Design, improve and implement interoperability between products
Leadership in Developing the Team:
- Strong frequent communication into the team to ensure that the team fully understands its directions and goals.
- Providing mentoring and support for developing Team Leads and setting the example for excellence in people development
- Oversee multiple development teams and oversee the hiring of strong, curious, engaged and passionate team members.
- Knowing the team and the people who make up the team and providing a stimulating and motivating work environment
Leadership in Customer and Account Management:
- Act as an embedded player in the account to create and strengthen relationships with stakeholders beyond existing contacts.
- Empower and lead development teams to deliver quality technology solutions to the customer on time and budget.
- Result driven leader that maintains the charge for maximizing business inside of the program of the account.
- Apply visionary innovative ways to increase the value delivered to the customer.
Leadership in Delivery:
- Work closely with development teams and customer to deliver on the program’s roadmap
- Interface with external and internal clients to understand requirements and evaluate solutions when developing new solutions or features to existing programs
- Ensure excellent attention to details.
- Able and willing to take ownership, adapt to changes, and be flexible in a fast moving, constantly changing environment
- Ensure teams balance new development and maintenance while meeting deadlines
- Clear and consistent verbal and/or written status reporting to key stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least five years of experience managing software development teams and at least two years as a second level manager managing teams working in an Agile environment.
- Strong, Proven Leadership and Management skills
A strong knowledge of Technology:
- A deep understanding of multiple programming approaches with a broad knowledge of large-scale, SaaS application development
- Solid understanding of mobile software development environments (Android, iOS)
- Software development background in one of the following environments (Java, .NET)
- Excellent Communication skills, able to communicate clearly on both technical and non-technical matters to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Courage and confidence to challenge thinking and behaviors
You will also:
- Enjoy keeping abreast of industry and technical advancements
- Always be learning – you aren’t afraid to say “I don’t know – let me find out for you”
- Enjoy working and communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!