It’s an exciting time to be working with data. Organizations everywhere are beginning to accept that data needs to be a huge part of their business. At Lixar, we have the privilege to help them get there.
We get to solve complex and challenging data problems every day. We shape, store and analyze all kinds of data into workable forms for reporting and machine learning. We work in most of the major relational database platforms, various cloud platforms, and different flavours of Hadoop to ingest, transform and analyze data from a diverse set of domains.
Our goal is to power data-driven decisions for our customers, tell the data’s story and leverage visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI and D3.js to bring the data to life. More and more companies are looking to Lixar for their data experience, so our practice is expanding.
We’re looking for a Technical Team Lead with a passion for Business Intelligence & Analytics to join our practice. You’ll be leading brilliant people through challenging projects, mentoring and coaching your team to success and participating in an extremely vibrant and engaging data community.
You’ll build data platforms from the ground up and support pre-existing analytics pipelines.
- Are passionate about data
- Have 6+ years of experience in a technical field with increasing responsibilities
- Have 2+ years of experience leading technical teams
- Know your way through at least a few major relational DBs
- Can write SQL in your sleep
- Experience with modern public cloud, such as Azure or AWS.
- Have worked with modern BI tools like Power BI or Tableau
- Understand Data Warehousing and things like Star & Snowflake
- Have programming skills in languages like Java, C#, Scala or Python
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers, and clients
- Have a sense of humour
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!