Lixar is looking for a UX Designer to join our Design team.
As a UX Designer, you will have:
- 3-5 years of experience as a user experience designer or interaction designer
- Experience designing products and services for mobile, tablet and web
- A solid understanding of the fundamental design principles and techniques, including those of user-centered design, information architecture and usability
- Experience designing for different target users, markets and cultures
- The ability to establish a design language and ensure that it is applied consistently across a product
- Experience developing, applying and/or maintaining consistent interface guidelines
- The ability to communicate design with a variety of methods (sketches, wireframes and interactive prototypes) along with the instinct to know which method to use when
- Collaborative work methods and experience working in multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills, which you leverage to present, explain, discuss and/or defend your designs both internally and externally with clients
- The commitment to follow through on projects from concept to production – bringing your designs to life as quality products and services
- The organization skills to independently manage and prioritize your projects/tasks
- Expertise with Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, and/or Axure; proficiency with other tools of the trade, such as Adobe Photoshop, Balsamiq, Principle, InVision, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Graphics Design or similar
- The following would be considered an asset:
- Demonstrated history designing for a range of screens/devices/technologies
- Experience with mobile first and responsive web design
- Experience collecting and analyzing user data (via user research and analytics) and experience using these data points as design inputs
- Strong communication skills that can aid collaborations with remote colleagues or remote clients
- Experience working with agile methods, as an agile team member, using team collaboration tools
With these attributes:
- A sense of humour
- Like knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Be versatile, flexible and creative
- Comfortable with communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Not blame others for your mistakes
- Be committed to detail and quality
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!