Lixar, fuelled by BDO is looking for a UX Designer to join our remote Canadian team. This position requires a strong foundation in user-centered design methods and the ability to communicate design decisions to all stakeholders.
What you will be doing:
- Conduct user research through user interviews, contextual inquiries, card sorting and any other design research techniques
- Analyze and synthesize respective research and then develop personas, journey maps and any other research outputs
- Develop usability testing scripts and lead usability testing sessions using prototypes
- Analyze and synthesize respective research into usability reports, design decisions or iterations of design deliverables
- Use service design and product design methodologies to create a north star of the experience and identify key moments that matter
- Translate those needs into a prototype using design tools such as InVision, to develop wireframes and outputs
- Utilize and develop design libraries and patterns to create re-usable design artifacts
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration on UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a related field OR comparable work experience and training
- 4+ years of experience in product user interaction or user experience design, ideally in complex data, collaboration, workflow and document management products for enterprise users
- A track record of applying common User-Centered Design practices and tools to solve tough design problems
- Familiarity with Agile and Lean UX methodologies
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to quickly and iteratively build interactive prototypes to validate designs.
- A demonstrable portfolio of work
As the ideal candidate, you must value:
- Creating a culture of inclusivity, diversity where we embrace our differences
- Holding ourselves accountable to a high level of quality
- Knowing that routines are in fact, not routine
- Encouraging communication within all levels of the organization
- Have a sense of humour
- A blameless, iterative approach to delivery and excellence
- Getting things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar, Fuelled by BDO today!