Lixar is looking to expand into Western Canada and we’re searching for the best individual to lead this initiative with us. In this remote position as a Senior Product Owner, not only will you kick off the Lixar presence in Western Canada, you will create solutions for clients and collaborate with our developers to turn ideas into reality. You will need top-notch communication skills, a commitment to success, and an easy familiarity with technical matters.
What you will be doing:
- Identify solutions used to solve key customer’s business objectives
- Work closely with all key areas of the business from a technical and non-technical standpoint
- Develop detailed requirements, stories and acceptance criteria for the development teams
- Play an active role in sprint planning to ensure the requirements are tracked and delivered on time and within scope
- Manage the product backlog, grooming and prioritizing
- Communicate technical vision through design, architecture, process and development discussions
- Show customer leadership through the recommendation of technical and business approaches that show a true understanding of the client’s objectives
What you must have:
- 4+ years of previous experience as a Product Owner or Sales Engineer, or similar experience in the private sector
- 4+ years of proven experience with Microsoft Azure (experience in other cloud technologies are an asset)
- Proven experience working in a software development environment
- Understanding of Agile principles and working knowledge of Scrum
- Proven experience with data analytics, understand Hadoop and Spark
- Thorough understanding of Cloud and platform services
- Proven ability to meet commitments, timelines and deliver
- Accountability for actions and understands the business impact of decisions made
- Ability to work independently, manage change and work well under pressure
- Proven ability to apply initiative and creativity when approaching challenges
- Ability to prioritize technology decisions based on business value and impact
- Ability to understand things at an architectural level, but explain them well to a non-technical person
- High personal standards and commitment to quality
- Post-Secondary education in technology sector or equivalent
What you must value:
- A sense of humour and ability to have fun with colleagues
- Organization and attention to detail
- Creation and promotion of an environment where people are on-side and feel a collective sense of success
- Be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and peers
- Not blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!
Sound like you?
Send your résumé and salary expectations to Lixar today!