Blog

Helping Careers Grow @LixarIT

An interview with Sarah Boardman, Director, Human Resources at Lixar.

http://lixar.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Sarah_Boardman_HR_-Manager_Lixar_IT.jpg

Helping . Careers . Grow

Why did you get into HR?

Long answer – When I was 17 I used to babysit for the Director of the Co-op Program at Camosun College in Victoria.  We were talking about what to do after high school and he suggested Human Resources – when I asked what that was she said “It used to be called Personnel” – it’s hiring and working with people.  At that time there was no program for it so I started in Public Administration and then when I moved to Halifax, I found out that Saint Mary’s (go Huskies) had a new program under the B. Comm program.  My Mum had recently passed away and left me just enough money for two years – the time it took to complete my degree.  If I wasn’t in HR I would be a  nurse – I really enjoy people.

Read more
Jonny Stevens named Lixar's Lead Sales Representative for Eastern North American Markets

Jonny Stevens named Lixar’s Lead Sales Representative for Eastern North American Markets

HALIFAX, April 4, 2016 /CNW/ – Lixar I.T. Inc today named Jonny Stevens as Lixar’s lead sales representative for Eastern Canada and Eastern US. As the lead sales representative, Jonny’s primary goal is to build relationships and create relevant mobile technology solutions for businesses in the Eastern Seaboard market.

“Jonny’s energy and passion for innovation makes him a great fit at Lixar,” said Bill Syrros, Lixar C.E.O. “He values relationships and can clearly articulate our mobile and data-first vision for business.”

Read more
Microsoft Ottawa Cloud Tech Meetup

Time to talk Cloud, Data, Azure & Azure API Management at the April 27, Ottawa Cloud Tech Kick-off

Lixar and the Ottawa Cloud Tech Meetup group invites you to the first Ottawa Cloud Tech kick-off meeting on April 27.  Cloud discussion topics include: cloud, data science, Azure and Azure API Management.

What to expect?  A technically-fun evening which invites cloud-tech folks (fondly referred to as Cloudies) to gather and discuss all things cloud.

Read more