For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual, as set out in Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Who we are
Our website address is: https://lixar.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online sites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that site administrators and users perform on our site. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, searches) along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Lixar makes every reasonable effort to ensure that Personal Information collected, if any, is protected against loss, theft and unauthorized access. In doing so, the Company relies on physical, legal and other organizational measures.
Access to Information and Challenging Compliance
Data protection laws (including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR”) give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including rights to:
- request access to Personal Information about him/her under our custody and control;
- request that inaccuracies or omissions with respect to his or her Personal Information be corrected;
- object to our use and processing of your personal data; and
- request that we destroy Personal Information under our custody and control, subject to reasonable notice and relevant legal or regulatory obligations.
Complaints or concerns with respect to Lixar’s compliance with the present Policy should be directed to the Company’s Director of Technology. Should you be unsatisfied with our response to your complaint or concern, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30 Rue Victoria
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.